Clues collected, theological glimpses into this deep delight that is deemed inexpressible, I yearned to fathom its waves. So I jumped. Jumped into this familiar pool I've played in all my life, and found myself in an ocean to which I could no longer feel the edges. I'm in way over my head, with no sign of a bottom yet, and soaking glad about it! The shells I found on the shore days, weeks, and years behind were tantalizing, but the treasures below the surface weigh precious beyond anything I could have imagined.
There is so much that can be said about Joy: the What, the Who, the How, the Where, and the Why.... Although I am fast appreciating the difficulty of articulating its radiant facets, in the weeks to follow I hope to share some of the ocean-treasures I have found.
"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them." ~ Jesus (John 17:13)
I am embarking on a journey to fully embrace Jesus-joy. Look for the road-signs with me! Let's tread the waves together. Given (marvelous gift!) that we can gaze always on His face, we need not fear the storms.

No comments:
Post a Comment